Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday's Flashback


Our tour of The Kilns ended in the dining room with some complimentary Turkish Delight.  I had some in college that I didn't care for (no chewy, fruity desserts for me!), so I let KJ have my portion as well.  He seemed to like it.


Our guide said that Americans were always disappointed in Turkish Delight.  "They always expect something chocolate...".  

 I would love windows like that.


Walking out the door, up a step, and through this arbor led to the garden.  It was a very peaceful sort of place.

 And Chuck Colson is with the Lord now.
That's an amazing thought.

 Looking to the left from the arbor

 to the right


This bench is at the far end of the garden, and there is another entrance to the garden in front of it.  I made sure KJ took several pictures of me here, too, since I was the one holding on to the camera most of the time.  


 Lewis' Private Entrance


This was another little separate area separated by a hedge.  I walked around the house with the video turned on and got some very shaky, very crunchy-sounding feet in gravel rocks-footage that perhaps I will show anyway, despite its fine quality.

Addendum:  I am having a hard time getting this template to let me increase the width of my blog, so the right edge of all these pictures is cut off.  

1 comment:

  1. your photos are so charming. love them all!

    ReplyDelete