Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Weekend Kick-Off

The kids and I kicked off Father's Day weekend with a trip to T and Big Daddy's pool while KJ cut the grass.  Does that sound fair?  I like to think this was helping KJ out since usually James likes to play outside when KJ is working in the yard, and it's sometimes hard for him to watch James and work at the same time.  This was really a gift to KJ!  (Does it sound like I'm searching for justification?)

Stick 'em up.

Before Saturday James was really nervous about the pool.  He wasn't sure what to make of so much water.  Earlier in the week he sat with Big Daddy on the float and got his feet wet, so I got in with him and let him sit with me to start out the morning.  When Big Daddy got in the pool I sat him down to walk to Big Daddy's float, and once he realized he could stand and walk around, it was all over.  He was so proud of himself.  "I swim!  I swim!"

 Ella practiced her sitting on the bottom of the pool skills.

Once James was happily situated I got out and took a guided tour of T's summer garden paradise.  T sported her new garden party hat.  So lovely.






When we got home I took a nap because my body has decided 5:30 a.m. is a good wake-up time for me, and by afternoon I need a recharge.  I think I'm growing older.  When I woke up I made dinner for KJ and went to take some six-month baby pictures.  I'm glad my sisters-in-law are adding babies to our family this year, because the sweetness is just too much.




I came home to find my husband and children having a jumping contest, seeing who could jump over the longest line of pillows.  Ella really should be on a track team.  That girl can leap.  We put the kids to bed and settled in for a nice night of Netflix, KJ's choice, in honor of Father's Day.  Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment