Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ella's Turn

A few weeks ago I recorded a little bit of the happenings in James' life.  I wanted to share about Ella, as well, but that doesn't seem to come quite as easily.  I think it's because she's older now, and her life is made up of more complex, inward changes than simply the developing of language skills.  And after all, she is now able to read at least half of the words I might write!  Sharing about her sweet little life is a little different now than in the baby years.  



That being said, I think sweet and precious are definitely words I would use to describe her.  I've had very delightful, grown-up conversations with her of late.  

Mom, is it okay if I use some of my money to buy something at the book fair?

She didn't ask for something.  She asked if she could use HER money to buy something.  She knew exactly what she wanted, and while her assertion that everything cost $5 was wrong, we allowed her to buy the book she had her eye on.  

Speaking of books, I love to read, and I don't really like to listen to other people read aloud as much as I prefer to read things myself.  But there is one little person that I love listening to as she reads.  That's saying something.  Ella is a good reader, and I love it when I catch her reading silently to herself in her bedroom, enjoying it.

I love watching her find the correct page in her Bible at church on Sunday, and I love watching her take care of her little brother.  I absolutely cannot wait for summer and having her with me 24/7.  24/7 care of your children has its moments of making a mom lose her mind, but without it you miss a million really sweet moments of living life together.  I'm ready to resume trips to the library and the playground and maybe take a few road-trips as well.  I miss having my girl with me all of the time.


Ella is very driven to learn and accomplish.  The girls are always the first ones up at our house, and early Saturday morning Ella pulled out a workbook about time and money, and we worked on her analog-clock-reading skills.  That was the way she wanted to spend her Saturday morning.  She spent Sunday and Monday nights reading aloud 6 Dr. Seuss books to me and KJ.  

She likes to play with Princess and Barbie dolls, and she's a really fast runner.  She's pretty much the best.  James thinks so, too.  He keeps coming over to the computer to admire his sister.

1 comment: