Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Snuggle Time

Sunday afternoon snuggles

Writing the word snuggle a couple of times made me remember how about a month or so ago, James started chiming in with the commercials aired on Nickelodeon (too much TV, anyone?).  One of his favorites was the end of the Downey commercial when the little bear says, "Let's snuggle."  James always said that line with a big grin.  His current favorite is the Nationwide Insurance commercial.  He sings out, "Nationwide is on your side."  His nationwide is a little blurry, but he's got the rest down pat.  

I didn't intend on writing about commercials.

I meant to write about the sweet snuggle time I had with my kiddos last night while KJ was gone to a prayer meeting.  We piled on the couch to listen to Ella do her reading for school (See, we DO engage in other activities besides TV-watching at our house!).  James sat relatively still for him and laid his head on my chest and let me hold his hands and rub his sweet, soft cheeks and give him kisses.  It was the sweetest thing.  

We've been trying to make him aware of his drooling and the wet spots it leaves behind.  He saw a spot on my shirt, pointed to it, and said, "Drool."  Oh, that boy.  He then noticed the freckles on my arms and started pointing at all of them, saying, "Dots!"  I squeezed him tight, and Ella read on, "bank, trunk, name, while, unto, within...".

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Lynn! What sweet (and funny) moments of motherhood.

    Drool!

    ReplyDelete