Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Little Boys

I was the first of all my nearest friends to have a baby, and Ella was so delightful that when all my friends started getting pregnant and finding out they were expecting boys, I secretly felt kind of sorry for them.  I felt like they would be missing out, because I was having so much fun mothering my girl.

Ella at 14 months

I was by no means disappointed when I found out James was a boy.  I was happy to be having a child of the opposite sex.  I didn't really have expectations of how it would be different, but I'm finding that it's really not that different at all in terms of how I feel about him.  I am taking all the full delight in him that I took in being with Ella at this age.  As he's able to communicate more and more, he is proving such a delight, and KJ and I often wonder how we got the best kids on the planet.  It's only right that every parent feel this way about their children.  Kids need someone in their corner who think they are the absolute best and love them with unconditional love no matter what.  And the truth is, I do love them like that.  And I just had the thought...

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more shall your Father give what is good to those who ask Him!"
Matthew 7:11

That is an encouraging thought, because I love my kids and serve them daily, and though I do those things so imperfectly, it's still a lot of serving and giving.  And God gives even more to His children when they ask.  Better and perfectly.


"Mama, we go around the circle?"  
Translation:  Can we ride around the block?

After almost slamming my arm in the refrigerator door last night, 
"Sorry!"
totally unasked for...I didn't say anything about it, just kind of squealed as I hurriedly pulled my arm out...He's becoming aware of other people's feelings!

"Dragons!  Castle!"
looking at pictures with KJ last night

"I want breakfas and choclit milk."
requested after a walk around the block with KJ last night

"I sleepy..."
when I told him it was time for a nap yesterday

"Mama cute!"
seeing my picture on the computer

"I pretty!"
admiring himself in his new Thomas the train t-shirt
(big sister, anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment