Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tuesday Morning, no wait, it's Wednesday

Last week I started this great routine where I blogged first thing in the morning, and I had all kinds of great ideas, but I am coming up empty this morning.  I'll give you a rambling update of things I've been doing and thinking about instead.


Doing:

  • Of course I've been taking care of James and Luke.  For James that involves putting together Thomas the Train puzzles with him.  He LOVES them.  I found four more great wooden puzzles at Target on Saturday, and he's displaying a brilliant mind in putting them together.  Just saying.  For Luke it involves spreading out a blanket on the floor with toys because he is working his way toward crawling and spending a lot of time on his belly.  No blanket = spit-up on the carpet.  He's making great progress!
  • Laundry  I washed and folded two loads yesterday (it is a big accomplishment for me to wash and fold on the same day.) and ironed for quite a while.  I was wondering where Ella's school clothes ran off to, and I found them in the bottom of the ironing basket.
  • Reading  The Three Musketeers.  I'm reminded of why this book was the first to replace Gone with the Wind as my favorite in high school.  It's really good.  And funny.
  • Watching TV  After fixing our old television all by himself for $5, KJ mounted our new TV on the empty wall in our bedroom that has needed decoration for 3 1/2 years.  It's been the most wonderful thing.  I know some say it makes you stay up later and sleep less well, but I've been going to bed earlier and most of the time falling asleep earlier, too.  There are some nights I go to sleep by 9:45 now, and that never happened before the TV on the wall.  
  • Doing The Firm workouts again  I took up jogging over the "winter," and I really enjoyed it.  I completed a Couch to 5K plan, but since I've been able to jog for 30 minutes, I've grown kind of bored with it.  Maybe I'm just bored with my neighborhood route, but I've started interspersing it with my old Firm workouts, and since I haven't been doing strength training much since I started jogging, I am sore.  My abs hurt rolling over in the middle of the night.
Thinking:
  • about the summer  We're taking the kids to the beach for a few days.  James has never been, and it's our first real vacation as a family of four.  We went to Disney World when James was 3 months old, so he wasn't really a participant, and that time we were also on an entire family vacation.  This is our first time just the four of us.  I'm excited.

  • Free summer movies  Our local movie theater offers free movies for kids during the summer.  I'm planning on taking James for the first time.  I love it when my kids have "first" experiences.  It's so fun.
  • Having Ella home again Yippee!!!
  • Our story never ends.  I really love serial story-telling.  It's what turned me into a TV-watcher as well as a reader.  I was thinking last night about how much I hated it when stories end and how I hate letting go of characters and plot lines.  I thought about how all stories have to have an ending, but then remembered, Wait!  Ours doesn't.  That made me happy.
  • It's time to start the day.  I better go get cleaned up and wake up James and fix him breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment