Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Morning Routines

One morning last week I decided it was important that I document what our lives look like in this season.  Mornings sometimes start out with a little Netflix and breakfast, because if you simply must get up early, you might as well have some fun.



It's always nice for James when he wakes up before Ella leaves.  He loves her so much and frequently greets her with hugs and kisses and cries when "Ah-la" and "Da-da" leave in the "cah."  

I ran a "Seventies" action on all these photos.  Here's what we look like in the 70s...except in the 70s there was, sadly, no Netflix.

7:19...KJ's cutting it close.

I just realized I sort of made a pun.
Do you get it??

That was unintentional.


Leaving on time?  More or less...

There's our neighbor leaving for work.  Sometimes he sees me running out the door chasing down my family with forgotten jackets, milk money, lunch boxes, or homework.  I usually look something like this in those moments.

rolled out of bed hair

Maybe I don't have the creepy smile on my face when our neighbor sees us.
Crazy housewife.

sweet text from a friend

You should all send me text messages in the morning.
They would make my day.


I guess I can take a nap if you really want me to.

And then me and the other boy go hang out in his room so we don't disturb Luke's nap.

Is that a map of Middle Earth?
Yes, yes it is.

Last night there was a point in my dream where I woke up, and it was Friday, and I realized I hadn't written a blog post since Monday.  I guess I dreamed that because I didn't get a chance to write anything yesterday.  It is with great discipline that I brought you this blog post this morning.  It was composed with numerous interruptions to play with Pla-Doh, attach James' trains to a chair upside-down with the magnet (He's performing scientific experiments this morning.), potty-train, fix a drink, start a movie, fix him a snack, and change a dirty diaper.  And that list is probably a good description of what the rest of our mornings look like.  

Now it is recorded for posterity.  

1 comment:

  1. Whether, then, you eat or drink (or cook, clean, love other folks babies, potty train, change diapers), or whatever you do do all to the glory of God.:) That's what makes for a beautiful day of a godly woman!

    ReplyDelete