Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photo-editing

I really enjoy learning how to do different things in my photo-editing software, so sometimes when I get a free moment I'll follow tutorials on pictures I think they would work on to learn something new.  Here are my favorite results from yesterday and today.  

Before

This was taken the only time I got out my magical bokeh (lovely background blur) lens on our England trip. It was just too much trouble to change lenses the rest of the time, and I needed the wide one to take in all the landscapes.  This lovely English flower was taken in the "Secret Garden" at Highclere Castle, a.k.a. Downton Abbey.  Yes, we went there.  It was wonderful.  

The tutorial I was following was using textures to create your own art.  I was pleased with the result, and I think I'd put it in a vintage frame and enjoy having it on my wall very much.  Or you could even make a poster out of it and write your favorite quote in the empty space.

After

The next tutorial was just learning a new method of making your black backgrounds darker or your white backgrounds lighter.  It seemed a useful thing to know.

Before
Cute baby

After

I went ahead and brightened Luke's skin and eyes, too, as well as making my background darker, and this picture was one that begged for a black and white version.

See what I mean?

Looking at that angelic face I think I will forgive him for crying instead of taking his nap this morning, and perhaps I'll forgive my own son for whining all morning, and I'll give my husband a big hug and kiss for giving me the gift of an hour and a half of silence and solitude at the end of the day.  Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment