Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Flashback: Window Light

It's been a busy day around here with the normal kind of busy-ness.  I'll leave you with two things on this Friday afternoon.  First, a still life.


One of my favorite things about Jane Austen's house was all the natural light pouring in through the windows.  It was the first really pretty day we'd had in England, and the sun on the all of the old wood in the house was so lovely.  There were little glass vases scattered about with flowers from the garden.  I loved it.

Second.  My husband looking manly and handsome.


This was taken in the room dedicated to the memorabilia of Jane's seafaring brothers, Charles and Frank.  Guess what!  I get to spend the weekend ALONE with this handsome man.  Get outta town, you say?  It's true.  My children are spending a night with KJ's parents tonight (for some previous plans we'd made) and then my parents are coming to fetch them for the rest of the long weekend.  I think all parties are very satisfied with the arrangements.  But being kid-free requires a lot of work beforehand, so I'm off to pack and do laundry and things of that nature.  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures -
    the vase is so quaint & lovely, and your husband is handsome, indeed.

    Enjoy your weekend away with him! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete