Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Winter Day

However much I might have desired it, the "Winter Storm of 2011" failed to deliver too much at our house.  We enjoyed about 20 minutes of snow fall that quickly turned to freezing rain and ice.  Even though we were denied a chance to play in the snow we did enjoy a quiet day at home together.  I have been completely spoiled by having KJ at home the past three Mondays.  Here are a few of our activities on a quiet day at home.


Ella and I enjoying our few minutes of snow on Sunday

KJ and I are on Day 11 of P90X.  I took a picture of him lifting some dumbbells, but I doubt he would appreciate me posting it, so I'll refrain.  

James built a tower with the blocks he got for Christmas.
He likes to make it as tall as possible and then knock it down and start over.

Ella wanted to pose for a picture.

Ella and I also practiced her reading yesterday.  She read a list of -at words, -an words, -ap words, and -ig words.  I was so proud of how well she read.  The words were all mixed up, and she did a great job sounding them out.

After James' afternoon nap the kids had some snuggle time with Daddy.




We ended the evening with a little playtime at Cinderella's castle.


Today promises to be almost as quiet as yesterday.  KJ went to work, but I'm not sure if we will venture out or not.  I'm thankful for days of quietness like these.

2 comments:

  1. A. The first picture of you and Ella, you look beautiful!!! And of course, Ella does ~ she is one of the prettiest little girls I've ever seen!
    B. The picture of KJ and the kids is adorable!
    C. The picture of James sucking his thumb, he looks like an angel ~ PRECIOUS!!!
    D. What is it with boys and towers? Sterling loves them too, and tunnels! His favorite thing to say is "bwild a twnnel", but he loves building a tower and knocking it down!!!
    Sorry you guys didn't get snow ~ we didn't either!!! I was so disappointed! And we drove home from Bethany's (Sterling's birthday party) on roads that we shouldn't have (we learned our lesson) ~ if we had stayed there we would have had at least 4 inches to enjoy! Oh well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Thanks, Aunt Vicki! I'm approaching 29 at the end of the week so I appreciate the compliment!
    C. I know...you just want to squeeze him, don't you?
    D. I'm not sure what it is, but boys are DEFINITELY different from girls from the very beginning. I'm sorry you missed out on snow, too. It would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete