Monday, January 3, 2011

Saying Good-bye

Last week we said good-bye to KJ's sister and her family.  Her husband, David, was recently called to pastor a church in North Carolina, and they made the 12-13 hour drive Thursday night, deciding that night travel was much better for that long drive with two little ones.  As I was thinking about their move I realized that we have been blessed to live in the same city or vicinity with Katie and David for the past 5 years.  We've been newlyweds together, had first babies within 9 months of each other, went through seminary together, moved back to Alabama together, and had second babies within a week of each other.  I'm so thankful for all the "firsts" of life's many experiences that we've been able to share together.  







We're so thankful that good-bye's in this life aren't forever.  If we never live in the same earthly city again, we look "forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God" (Heb. 11:10).  There were many tears shed saying good-bye, but we are so excited for David and Katie as they begin a new adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Lynn ~ Thank you so much for this special post. Recounting the shared experiences of the past 5 years was sweet reminiscing for me. Much appreciation for provoking such precious memories. I am so grateful for the Hebrews truth you shared as well. I love you, my sister, and I don't think it's too early to start planning a joint vacation... ;)

    ReplyDelete