Friday, January 28, 2011

A Happy Day

Since I wrote about a day when I didn't feel good, how about a post on a day when I DO feel good?  The kids unexpectedly spent the night with KJ's parents last night, so we had the house to ourselves after our couples' Bible study.  It's so strange to have the freedom to be as loud as you want in your own home.  I don't think we've ever felt that freedom completely because before we had kids we lived in apartments, so we tried to be conscientious about running the vacuum cleaner and playing music late at night.  And as long as we've had our own home we've had kids, so having an empty house at night is not something we're accustomed to having.  But we enjoyed the time alone last night AND this morning.  It was so nice to be able to eat breakfast and read, wash a few dishes and feel ready for the day before the kids got home.  


We had a great morning together and since the day was GLORIOUS took a trip to the playground.  






























James spent most of his time alternating between the toddler slide and the baby swing.  Ella enjoyed the swings but for some reason avoided slides today.  She used to love them.  I guess we do become more cautious as we get older.


I didn't get a chance to let Ella take any pictures when we were at the playground (she got busy playing with a new friend), and I was busy chasing after James when he wasn't enclosed in the swing, but I let her take one of James and I when we got home.  I wanted to remember being a part of their day, too.






























"Not a bad day..."

1 comment:

  1. You had your camera! Yay! Your hair looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete