Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What am I gonna do now?

I get asked that question at least 50 times a day (I am trying to be reasonable in my estimate.), and I often get very tired of even attempting to come up with an answer.  Yesterday afternoon I had Ella call her grandmother (my mom) to come up with something.  It has been a few years (I think) since Debo has had to answer that question.  My mom's answer?  Make brownies!  So we did.




We really missed you when we were licking the bowl, Hillary.


And yes, she is eating this brownie before we had supper.
But I had one before supper, how could I turn her down?

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    I'm Hillary's cousin from the other side of the family :) and I have an idea for you...

    I think you should make two separate lists with Ella of fun things to do. One list should be independent activities (like coloring, blowing bubbles, playing with dolls, playing her computer game). The other list should be team activities (like glamor shots, making brownies :), playing a game, going for a walk, working out).

    Then I think you should write down these ideas on various sheets of brightly colored paper. (or for the independent activities print off pictures of the activity, and paste them to a bright piece of paper.) Then fold the papers and put them in 2 separate jars accordingly.

    That way if you're busy with something she is free to grab something from the independent jar and get to it :), but if you're able to do something with her utilize the other jar. :)

    ...I'm not a stalker, I just know how important you are to Hillary, and I think you have the sweetest blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great suggestion, Ashley. Thank you! We tried a chart for a while with stickers, but that kind of fazed out. She definitely needs something new to try.

    ReplyDelete