Monday, July 26, 2010

Sleeping Once More








James has been sleeping through the night for the past 5 nights, and I am realizing again what a difference sleep makes in my life.  Yesterday as I was driving to church I had the thought, "I'm so glad it's Sunday!," and my heart was lifting up as I anticipated the worship service.  Then I laughed to myself because I knew I felt this way because I had slept for 7 1/2 hours the night before.  I couldn't tell you the last Saturday night when that happened for me.  



Yesterday was fun because there was another party for Sandy at church in the afternoon, and I am so excited about the approaching wedding.  My mom was able to come down, and the only damper on the day was finally confirming that it wasn't my imagination that James felt warmer than usual.  When I took his temperature last night it was 101.2, so I was a bit worried about him.  Thankfully, I spotted two more teeth under the surface of his gums today so I believe they are the culprits.  







This morning I was trying to be a good and organized mother by planning activities outdoors while it was cool for the kids.  James really likes playing in the bathtub, so I keep thinking he will enjoy the baby pool, and Ella is constantly asking me, "Mom, what can I do?" all day long, and since I really don't want her staring at the television or computer screen all day long I filled up the pool with water first thing.  I took charge even though Ella was complaining, "I don't want to play outside.  I want to play on the computer..."  Whine, whine.  But I knew she would have fun if I took control because I am the mom, and I know what's best for her.  When I came back inside after filling up the pool she had already taken off her nightgown and put her bathing suit on and had a smiling face.  I knew it.  But alas, James was not happy.  I guess the water was still too cool for him, and he just cried, so we didn't last very long.  Oh, well.  He still looked really cute in his swimming duds.



I'm thinking of starting a home-preschool for Ella, though.  She's played very well today, but she needs some organization in her life, and it will help me as well.  Then I might have an answer when she says, "But I just don't know what to doooo."


3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile because I can visualize all of it without being there. It is nice to sleep again too. Sleeping can be a very spiritual exercise :)

    Love you,

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling as well as I have been asking our loving Father to give you sweet sleep for your body and encouragement to your heart and soul. Sounds like He has done more than that ~ you sound very together in even your future plans. I don't remember being able to think past today when I had two wee ones. May tonight not be the sleep of the "bitterly disappointed" as Anne would say but of one who got to sleep with your best friend in the spare room of a big bed and breakfast. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of you all! I'm excited for your family and the excitement of the upcoming wedding. AND, I'm excited for the long awaited sleep you've been getting. Praise the Lord! So sorry to hear about James' temp, but so glad it's just the teeth. Please let me know about the home-preschool. You are so great! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete