Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy birthday, Katie!

I gave an advance warning that the summer months are filled with birthdays in our family.  Today is my sister-in-law Katie's special day.  I am so thankful for Katie.  She was my very first sister and is always such a fun and encouraging person to be around.  Some favorite memories of time with Katie are:

  • Our first meeting in Mobile-  Katie cried.  (If you know her you are not surprised.)  But KJ had told her he thought I was the one he would marry, so of course that brought sweet tears.
  • Neon Bubble Car Wash- Somehow we talked each other into buying this ridiculously priced car wash in Sylacauga.  I guess the idea of neon bubbles sounded fun at the time.  Since then we have discovered that it doesn't take much encouragement from the other one to buy something.  I think we've grown a little wiser in our purchases in the past 6 years, though.
  • Living in Springdale Apartments- That time seems so long ago now.  During our first years of seminary we lived just around the corner from each other and shared many a meal together and watched many a movie (most of which Katie fell asleep during).  I'm sure I bugged she and David, but I was always ready to knock on their door and beg them to come over.  
  • Staying in the country- Katie so sweetly cared for Ella and I in her home for a few days after my knee surgery.  KJ had to work, and I don't know what we would have done without her.  She cooked me meals and made me snacks and did the jobs with Ella that I couldn't do.  
  • Having babies a week apart- Last summer we were pregnant together and had our babies exactly one week apart.  
Now we are busy encouraging each other as we learn so many lessons having two small children.  I always feel better when I get off the phone with Katie.  It's so nice to have someone who understands my life exactly.   You are a great friend and mother, Katie.  You're doing a fantastic job, and I hope you have a very happy birthday!!












1 comment:

  1. Sweetest Lynn Marie! You are so dear to me, so thoughtful and kind. I greatly appreciate you aiding in fun reflection upon precious memories past. I love you, and I'm so thankful for you. Yes, you were my first sister, and I could not be more blessed! Thank you for taking time to bless me on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete