Tuesday, July 13, 2010

...And to my Grandmother...

I was just up listening to James cry after I put him back down and realized that I didn't mention that Jesse was born on my Gramma Lister's birthday, so today is her special day, too.  I guess my head was so full of thinking about Jesse and his wedding, it slipped my mind yesterday!  I think it must be special to share a birthday with a grandchild.  If it were not 3:45 in the morning I would look through all the family pictures but hopefully I can tomorrow.  For now, here are a few of my special memories about my grandmother.



  • I remember sweeping up the hair at the salon where she worked.  I had a special, short (I think broken) broom used just for that purpose.
  • A lot of the classic books on my shelf were gifts from Gramma.  I treasure their inscriptions.  They have been read many, many times:  A three-volume edition of Anne of Green Gables, Heidi, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, Hitty, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, and many more.  Thank you for encouraging me to read good books.
  • My grandmother bought me my first very own hairdryer and hairbrush.  The brush was tie-dyed and the dryer was bright blue.  I used them for a very long time.  
  • I was really blessed to go to college in the city where my grandparents live. It was nice to always have a home I could go to where I could eat a good meal and have my hair cut.  I'm so grateful to have had extra time with my grandparents and other family in Mobile for those 3 1/2 years.
I love my grandmother am so thankful for her.  I hope she has a wonderful birthday, too!

KJ and I spent our first anniversary in Mobile with my grandparents.
We made a visit back to Dauphin Island.


First visit with Ella



No comments:

Post a Comment