Monday, June 7, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I have been a very bad blogger over the past few days.  For some reason it has seemed extra-busy around my house, and the children have seemed extra-demanding.  It will be a busy week because we are getting ready for KJ to leave for Brazil on Friday, so I am trying to gather up everything he will need, do all the laundry, and prepare myself for 10 terrible days without my husband.  I thought it would make the time go by a little quicker if I made some goals and had some projects to work on (although I'm not sure when I will have the time to do them since I will be a single parent for over a week).  So I am working on things like budgeting and organizing and other little things that get passed over in the day-to-day.  Please pray for KJ and for us while he is away.  He made this same trip last summer, and it was the longest I had been away from him, and the first time I couldn't pick up the phone and call him whenever I wanted.  I was not prepared for how hard it would be.  I seriously cried at least 3 of the nights he was away.


I know Father's Day is not until next Sunday, but I have been thinking lately about what a good father KJ is.  Ella has so much fun playing games with her daddy.  KJ invents all of these crazy games that they play together, and she laughs so loud through them all.  Saturday they played a blindfold game, a tar pit monster game, as well as arm wrestling, hand clapping, and thumb wars.  This was in addition to a trip to the playground from which Ella returned with a very red face and her hair dripping with sweat.  


I also love the way KJ teaches her.  It was so sweet watching him lean over and explain to her the bread and the cup during church a couple of weeks ago when we had the Lord's Supper.  You are a such a good daddy, KJ, and we sure are going to miss you.  


I give Ella a thumbs-up from time to time, and she's picked up on it.



Look how tall she looks.
(These are from her trip with KJ on Saturday.)






KJ spent the morning of his day off building this for Ella while I went to the pool to read for an hour.
What a good husband and father!

1 comment:

  1. Does it attest to my selfishness that all my favorite posts are about me? Even so, it does make me smile to read that I am a good father.

    Much love,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete