Friday, May 28, 2010

Live from the Pugh House

I almost don't know what to write anymore without my year reviews.  So instead of looking to the past this will be a live update from the present (and maybe a little bit from the past).  We did have a very busy weekend attending all of Kameron and Olivia's wedding festivities.  Traveling is so much harder and more complicated with young children, and the night before the wedding was a nightmare, one of those times I look up to the heavens and think, "Really?  Okay, then."  


We were staying at my grandmother's house, and my sweet father came to help take care of the children so KJ and I could be where we needed (and wanted) to be.  James went to sleep well at the start, but then he woke up about an hour or so later, and every time my dad tried to put him in his bed he would begin crying again.  When I came in from the rehearsal dinner about 10:00 dad was just sitting in the rocking chair holding him.  I took him and was able to lay him down and get ready for bed.  I had been asleep about 40 minutes when James woke up.  I rocked him, I fed him, I gave him medicine, and 45 minutes later he was in his bed crying.  KJ came in then and offered to rock him.  I was so tired, and my condition was exacerbated by my taking a Tylenol PM to help me sleep (I never sleep well the night before events I'm excited about.).  Every time KJ tried to put James down he would begin crying.  At 2:15 KJ was giving up, and I took a turn.  I was able to get him to sleep and put him down, but he woke up and was crying again at 3:30.  So, I rocked him back to sleep and put him in the bed, and then he woke up at 5:30, so I nursed him again and then just held him in the bed because I was too tired to make it to the rocking chair.  I was able to doze a little bit between his crying out periodically because he's not used to being held while he sleeps.  I heard Ella wake up at 7 a.m., and dozed a little while longer until 8:00 when I knew I had to get up because we had to be at the church by 10:15.  


Because He is a great God, we miraculously made it through the day enjoying ourselves, and it truly was a beautiful ceremony.  It was a delight to be able to look at Kameron and Olivia's faces (while everyone else just saw their backs).  As Olivia sang The Church's One Foundation she looked absolutely overflowing with joy and worship.  I also enjoyed the look of deep satisfaction on Kameron's face as he looked at his bride and all those who had gathered as witnesses to the covenant he was about to make.



KJ was preaching Sunday morning and night, because his father was on vacation, but sadly, I missed hearing him.  I stayed at home with a recovering James (and mother) from the night of no sleep and travel.  Sunday night we had a LOST finale party.  My first reaction to the finale was a little bit of disappointment, not with the episode as a whole but mainly with their explanation of the flash-sideways world.  As I have thought about it throughout the week I have found more things to like about it because there were elements of things I believe to be true found in it.  Perhaps I will write more thoughts about it later.  It definitely was a good show to spark conversations about big themes in life, so perhaps it was appropriate it ended with a discussion on the afterlife.  We had a wonderful time sharing the experience with several friends, though, and I hope to post a video soon of some of our reactions.


'
Great Cake by Hillary
It says "The End" in the middle.

Hillary spent the night Sunday night and stayed with the kids Monday afternoon so KJ and I could go out for our anniversary.  I have to say that she is the best babysitter ever and I wish I could keep her around.  She managed to exercise, put James down for a nap, shower, and clean up the house while we were gone.  That is more than I manage to do some days.  We enjoyed our last night of making dinner together (yummy biscuits!) and the last episode of 24 ever.  Good-bye, Jack!

Afternoon Date
Our front door is still sporting our "Namaste" sign from the night before.

The Last Supper

James got his schedule organized for 2 days, sleeping through the night and taking two great naps.  Then last night he woke a little before 4 a.m. wide awake. I was rocking him, and he just pushed himself up and looked at me with a goofy grin on his face.  Crazy, sweet boy.  Sweet KJ stayed up with him, completing the two hour task of getting him back to sleep.  I'm so grateful he let me sleep.  James is now napping, and Ella and I are about to get down to the busy task of cleaning up our house and ourselves so we can go shopping.  I have the best girl in the world!

P.S.  Right after I typed that she was disobedient and had to be corrected, resulting in loud fake crying.  I just thought I would throw that in there, too.  Life has its ups and downs.




No comments:

Post a Comment