Sunday, May 9, 2010

Family Gatherings

This has been a very full weekend for our family.  Last night we met all of my family in Birmingham for dinner.  We had a wonderful time.  My sister-in-law, Nicole, prepared an excellent meal and welcomed us all into her lovely home.  It was so much fun to be together.




Both kids enjoyed the swing.








James was such a happy boy.  He is sitting with my grandmother, Charline Murphy.







We spent the night with Josh and Nicole, and my plan was for us to get up early this morning to attend the tea for Olivia, who is marrying KJ's brother, Kameron.  However, after 3 nights of sleeping through the night, we had the worst night of sleep ever with James.  One of his top teeth began its descent, causing him to cry most of the time between 10:30 and 1:30 in the morning (whenever we put him down).  Needless to say we did not make it out the door this morning as early as I planned, but we did get to visit with the soon-to-be newlyweds at KJ's parents' house this afternoon.  Ella and I went over early to spend some time with Olivia and Katie, and KJ was able to stay home with James who napped for over 3 hours after last night's fiasco.  I wish I had gotten a picture of myself with Katie and Olivia (I don't think I got any pictures of myself this weekend.), but here is one of the sad couple, parting for the second to last time before they will never have to part again.  




I remember those days, and I'm so glad they are over.  I am so thankful for each member of my family and for all of the new sisters I am gaining.  It was a busy and exhausting weekend.  Hopefully James will sleep all night tonight.  I couldn't think of a Mother's Day present I would like more.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day!! I am so glad that he slept well. It is a beautiful morning. Oh, I watched Emma. What a great job they did on this book. Thank you. I know I will enjoy it again this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete