Thursday, January 2, 2014

"I'll be home for Christmas."

Our family hasn't spent an entire Christmas Day at home since this wee babe was propped up on her Boppy losing her sock.


What a sweetheart. 

We were excited to have our Christmas travel plans work out so that we were home on Christmas this year.  It was such a nice, relaxing day, which is always what I remember Christmas being when I was growing up.  

KJ and I decided to implement one of his family traditions of leaving a present in each kid's bedroom for them to find when they woke up, and I would play Christmas music when it was time to come out of their rooms.  KJ left a new book under Ella's tree, and a plane under James'.  James was sweetly disappointed when I went in his room Christmas morning.  "I like it, but...it's just not what I wanted."  What did he want, you may ask?  He wanted what he had deduced was under the tree.  I hugged that sweet boy and took him in the living room with his daddy.  Then we made Christmas dreams come true.

We have checked Mario Paper out from the library a few times this year, and James was eager to have it for his very own.

My girl wasn't disappointed in the least by the book left under her tree.  She has been loving these little mysteries and traveling all over the world in her imagination lately.  I love it.


I think everyone did all the pleasant things they wanted to do on Christmas.  We opened gifts, ate breakfast and lunch together, played games, watched a movie, cross-stitched, exercised, and talked to friends in China and France via Skype.  It was a really good day, and we gave thanks for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment