Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014: One Week In

One week into the new year, and here's what we've been up to...

Celebrating KJ...  Each new year begins celebrating his birth.  It's truly a new year for him in every respect.

Enjoying time with Cousins...  The kids have really enjoyed all of their extended time with cousins.  Every day spent apart was a "missed day," according to Ella.

"X-Streme" New Year Challenges...  I decided day one of a new year was a good time to start P90X again, and we joined with several of our "young professionals" and university students in an extreme plan to read the Bible through in 120 days.  Ella has been my workout partner for P90X, and I've been reading 8-9 chapters a night from the gospels to KJ.  Unlike overeating, gorging myself on God's Word at night is keeping me full the next day in a good way, especially when I pray through the verses that stood out to me the night before.  Last night we read, "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you (Mark 11:24)."  I prayed this morning for more joy in teaching, training, and loving my children, and about 15 minutes later Ella said, "Mom, you seem different."  She couldn't quite put her finger on what the difference was, but she was adamant that I was different.  I told her maybe Jesus was making me different.  I'm thankful to start a new year being "different." 

Back to School...  With somewhat reluctant hearts we dusted off our schoolbooks yesterday.  Ella jumped back into Math Drills, and Project "Teach James to Read/Give Him the Keys to the World" was re-ignited.  I'm looking forward to all that 2014 holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment