Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday's Flashback: Abbey Road

Back in March of 2011, there was this fateful day when KJ finished working on our taxes and said, "Yes.  We can go to England."  That very day while he and the kids cleaned the siding on the back of the house, I sat down and typed out a list of places that I associated with London.  Abbey Road was one of those places, and as KJ likes to say, we took the Tube to Abbey Road after dark at great personal peril to take a picture for my brother, Judson.  

I don't think it was a particularly dangerous part of town, just not as crowded as other streets in the city at that hour.  When I expressed a little uneasiness KJ told me not to worry.  He had a firm grip on my tripod, which he was toting.  It did look like it would make a good weapon if needed.

  I framed a large print of the above picture for Judson for Christmas that year.

We set up the tripod and took a lot of long-exposure shots.  I really wanted to get a cool picture of KJ walking across the famous crosswalk, but it didn't work out for me.  I got one of this random lady, though.

We hustled back to the Underground after a bit, where we walked by one last famous landmark, and that was it, folks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment