Saturday, February 2, 2013

Birthday Weekend Re-Do

All of my original birthday plans may have fallen through, but we're trying for a re-do this weekend.  We started our weekend of fun with a trip to a different playground (I think we may have started a tradition with Playground Fridays.) and picking up dinner at Chick-Fil-A, followed by buying our first movie through our Smart TV, Cloudy With a Chance of MeatballsWe wanted to rent it but couldn't find it available for renting anywhereWe'd never seen it, so I guess we were taking a chance buying, but the kids and I had read the book that morning, and as James kept saying, we really wanted to watch "Meatballs."  


We weren't disappointed in the movie, and we're heading out this morning to meet my dad with the kids.  Fun for them and a free weekend for us!  The week has been so busy I haven't really had time to anticipate the weekend, but I'm starting to now, and I think it's going to be great.

On another note, for the past year or so I've become slightly addicted to downloading digital scrapbooking kits, but I told myself I really should stop if I wasn't going to actually use them for scrapbooking.  I'll be working on more of these pages.  These were fairly easy to put together because this kit came with pre-made templates.  Done.
 Also, as you get older, isn't it funny the list of things you start thinking you'll do when you get some free time?  My mental list went like this:  run to Hobby Lobby for pegs to hang a banner in James' room, get together a recipe and ingredients for Super Bowl party, paint the bathroom, organize the pantry, clean out Ella's room, etc.  Lucky for me that I have a husband who also threw in dinner and a movie.  When did I become the practical one and he the fun one?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was hoping your birthday weekend would come to fruition soon! Hope it was fabulous!

    Playground Fridays = Fantastic! Your children are delightful & beautiful.

    LOVE the scrapbook pages; you're so talented!!

    Both fun & practical - you and K.J. are perfect for each other. :)

    Hopefully we'll catch each other soon. Dire need of catching up!

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We absolutely need to talk soon! (And thank you for your excitement about my "birthday" weekend.) :)

      Delete