Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Year, New Recipes

This post got pushed back by my bout with the flu, but at the beginning of the year I was trying to step out of my comfort zone and try some new recipes, be "fearless in the kitchen" as Cynthia Coppersmith likes to say.  

A couple of years ago I stole a Rachael Ray cookbook during a game of Dirty Santa, and I had yet to really look through it, so I chose it for my inspiration during the first week of January.  As I was flipping through the "30-Minute Meals" what did I see?  Grilled Chicken Shawarma.

Maybe you were like me and went to the theater last May to see the Avengers, and at the end laughed at them around the table eating Shawarma, wondering what it was they were eating exactly.  Since the end of a day of parenting can kind of feel like you've been fighting to save the world, KJ and I celebrated with Shawarma one night, and it was DELICIOUS.  

Here's a link to the recipe, and you can even watch a 3-minute video of Rachael Ray preparing it.  It was awesome on the toasted pita bread, but I had seconds without the bread.  Peppers and onions and chicken = YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment