Sunday, January 27, 2013

At the Park

Yesterday was such a mild day I wanted to get the kids outside in the fresh air.  James, especially, who had been cooped up inside with the flu all week, could use some time running around.  At first I thought I'd let them get out their bikes and we'd go around the block, but I decided it would be better to spend the morning focused on school-work and to go to the park after James' nap.  

It was an unexpected gift to have KJ come home from work early and go with us.  He'd been staying late at work earlier in the week and had everything finished early as a result.  It seems that I'm the main reason he comes home at night.  :)

  I've taken a lot of blurry pictures lately that I really love.

We ended up finding a playground we'd never been to before, and it was a lot of fun.  Ella complained that I was swinging higher than her.  I told her I was a swinging expert.  Then I got down and pushed her so she could go higher.

  I love his happy faces.

Her happy faces are pretty awesome, too.

It's good to have my family together again.  It's good to be over the flu.  I'm still blowing my nose and have a nice sounding coughThe past couple of nights I've been ready to go to sleep by 6:00 p.m., too, but I'm getting stronger and better everyday.  James has a little bit of a runny nose left, but I think he's pretty much back to normal now.  I'm so glad that's over and so thankful KJ and Ella were spared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment