Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday

Today has brought a lot of little "happy's" to my life along with some fun.  Here are a few in random order:

  • Sleeping until 7:40 a.m.  KJ did some kind of miracle sleep training with James while I was in Florida, and he sleeps until nearly 8 a.m. every morning now.  I love it.  I've had two weeks of between 7 and 8 hours of sleep.  Can I just reiterate that that is the longest span of good sleep in a year and a half for me?  I am so thankful.
  • Sunny, blue skies  I love waking up in a sun-brightened room.
  • Hillary is at my house again.  She is staying with us while she films a fall retreat for some churches in town.  She helps me so much just by being here.  She holds James down while I change his diaper, picks him up when he cries, plays imaginary games with Ella while I work out.  Live-in help is really nice.
  • James' naps  I'm not sure why, perhaps it is a growth spurt, but not only is James sleeping almost 12 hours at night, but he is taking 2- 1 hour and 45 minute naps during the day.  That's pretty helpful, but I'm trying not to get used to it.
  • Playing Super Mario on the Wii  I rediscovered this game Tuesday night, and I played some more yesterday and today.  It's really fun, and  I love the graphics.  James enjoys watching me play, and Ella cheers me on.  I'm trying to model good video game-playing manners, though.  No getting upset and yelling at the t.v. (not that I would ever do something like that).
  • KJ's home  It's fun having daddy home.  I'm very thankful for a house filled with love and laughter.  I love my husband.  I'm glad he loves me and still thinks I'm beautiful when I wake up in the morning.
  • God's Word  Another amazing result of being well-rested in the morning is a renewed desire to read my Bible at the start of each day.   It's such a hard discipline to keep up with a baby, but this is day 3 of starting the day like that again.  It feels good.
"Playing" the Wii

I'd also like to mention that James ate chalk today.  Ella was writing on her little chalkboard and dropped a piece we couldn't find.  James found it and took a big bite out of it.  We just heard the gagging.  I guess he's okay.

2 comments:

  1. So thankful for the NUMEROUS blessings of your wonderful day. And Praise the Lord for yet another start of the morning in God's Word. I am longing for that time too. And, yes, I'm sure James is fine. :) Glad we got to chat for a minute. Hated to have to rush the goodbye. Can't wait for a double date upon our return. Love you so, my sweet (yes, K.J., she IS beautiful!!) sister :)

    ReplyDelete