Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Morning Outing

I have discovered that if I am not proactive with organizing our day the day runs away with less than productive activities.  The morning is especially susceptible to this phenomenon.  This morning we drove down the street to a neighborhood with a toddler-sized playground.  First we went for a walk, and then the children went up in a swing.  It was James' first time.




The Swing
by Robert Louis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roofs so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!


5 comments:

  1. Well, James looks like he enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i recognize that neighborhood... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to park in your driveway, Molly, but I didn't know if someone would notice. Your house misses you, as do we. Ella said, "I haven't been to Molly's house in a long time."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about this post: Raine asked just a half hour ago if Ella could go with her to the "play park" and swing in the yellow swings. She's referring to the Northwood Lake Park, though. We should schedule a playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, lynn! she misses her grandma! we do have some neighbors who keep watch for us to make sure nothing shady goes down {not that you are shady}... but it could've made for a funny story... "Local Pastor's Wife Sneaks into Neighborhood Playground..." ha!

    ReplyDelete