Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall at Last

When we left for Florida two weeks ago, Tuscaloosa was still in the throes of 90 degree weather, yet suddenly, shortly after our return, fall arrived.  I'm so glad it's finally here.



We attended my cousin's outdoor wedding on Saturday, and James loved it.  I've been keeping my poor boy indoors a lot, mostly because of the heat but also because his sinuses do not like the plants and weeds blooming around our house, and a walk around the block usually results in a runny nose.  But I should have known my adventuresome son would love grass.  He was fascinated by it.


He loved to touch the grass, walk in it, and he was especially happy with the stick he found.



Ella wouldn't agree to smile with her daddy, but a picture with Aunt Nicole brought a beautiful smile to her face.



This morning we went for a walk around the neighborhood.  James especially enjoyed it.  He is such a sweet and precious boy, but he has been especially frustrated over the past 5 days (since his first birthday to be exact).  He wants to walk so badly and wants us holding on to his hands all day, but even that is growing tiresome for him.  I think he also gets bored with the house.  All morning he was communicating through frustrated whines.  I went out the garage door to get the stroller set up and heard the door open a few seconds later.  When I looked over my shoulder I saw a little boy's head peeking into the garage, "Bye, bye."  He was very eager for the morning jaunt.  This verse was on my mind when I woke this morning.

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
- Psalm 68:19 -

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord that you awoke with God's Word on your mind!! I love James' eagerness to be on the move, and I LOVE Ella's big red bow. She looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete