Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmasy Things

I know everyone always says things like this, but truly, I can't believe it's nearly Christmas.  I feel like my kids have been more anxious for its arrival this year than any other.  Perhaps it is because we're saving all presents that have been shipped over for Christmas morning?  All month long James has asked to know the number on the calendar, and the anticipation from all the steady stream of Amazon packages arriving at our front door is driving him a bit mad.


I thought I'd share a few of the Christmasy things we've done this month, like visit Fountains Abbey to hear some caroling, though mostly we let the kids climb around on the ruins underneath the lights.























It's been on my radar to attempt a family Christmas picture, but it just hasn't come together yet.  Either it was rainy, or really windy, or it got dark.  Those three conditions might describe a Yorkshire winter, except to be fair, the weather hasn't been that bad. 
 
I am still hopeful a family picture will happen in some form or fashion, but until then, Ella and James were looking festive a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to take a few pictures of them.  Everyone knows it is hard work to get a good picture of your kids, but much to my surprise, this was the first shot taken.
 

I have no idea what put them in such a cooperative frame of mind, but aren't they darling?  Then we got out the Naughty and Nice towels, which are one of my favorite Dirty Santa acquisitions.
 
This is James' naughty growling face.
 

I don't think Ella was too happy being the naughty one.
 
 
It didn't last too long as James was happy to take up the mantle of naughtiness and attack his sister.






They ended as friends.
 

I am pretty grateful for these two growing-up babes.
 



 
The above is my favorite picture from our Christmas Carol service.  How cute are those three little guys with their song sheets?
 

 
We had our first Christmas crackers last week.  We're enjoying English Christmas traditions.
 

 
I love how James is getting ready for his Christmas dinner.
 

Happy Christmas everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment