Friday, December 12, 2014

Brimham Rocks

The Sunday after Thanksgiving dawned bright and sunny with blue skies, and as we walked the short jaunt to our church service I found myself hoping the sunshine would hold because sunny days feel like possibilities.


The sun held, and we ate a quick lunch and jumped in the car for a 12-mile ride to Brimham Rocks.



These Kids...


I tried to get a good shot of the mud.  Making sure the kids are dressed for mud is a new consideration I have to remember if we're treading off the pavement.  Even without a recent rain, there doesn't seem to be time in the winter for it to dry out.



The kids love adventures.  Ella especially wanted to climb to the highest peak of the rocks.  I was glad that James was more cautious.

We've gotten so many wonderful hand-me-downs for James from a friend in the States, and among the shoes were these perfect-for-England boots.  Having never worn anything like that before, James wasn't too keen at first, but he quickly fell in love with those boots, and they are his footwear of choice these days.  He was wearing them so often for a while there that a church-member asked if they were the only shoes James was allowed to wear.


There were some pretty nice views as we walked.


I love it when the clouds part for the sun like that.  So GLORIOUS.  (I'm just going to embrace it.)





My Climbers


With the sun setting earlier, James has been asking if it's time for bed around 4:30 p.m.


It was a really nice Sunday afternoon.  It ended with a stop at a super market to buy a microwave so we could heat up our Thanksgiving leftovers.  Happy times were had by all, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment