Thursday, October 30, 2014

Allusions

Way back in 2005-2006 I taught a literature class to the most amazing group of home-educated students in southern Indiana.  In all of our cleaning out and packing this week I found several stories and poems they wrote.  From time to time KJ helped me with my lesson planning, and I just found this gem I wanted to remember written by my gem of a husband.


Allusions

In the course of human events it becomes necessary to write a paragraph about allusions.  A person must have the skill of Odysseus even to begin such a labor.  Even with a good start, I still feel like Sisyphus, but I intend to fight the good fight and finish this paragraph.  I only wish I had some kind of pillar and fire to guide me in this exercise.  By this point you are probably wanting me to drink the hemlock and stop, but I will go on though France and such another neighbor stand in my way.  Although this exercise may seem like opening Pandora's box to some of you, I hope it casts light on the brave new world of allusions for others.  For me it has been the best of times and the worst of times.

He's so literary. 

  

1 comment:

  1. So much talent in that man of yours. A gem, indeed.

    ReplyDelete