Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursdays

Thursdays are undoubtedly one of our favorite days of the week:  it's KJ's off-day!  We all look forward to it.  When KJ's home life takes a little slower pace...for me at least.  Today should be nice, with lots of sunshine.  We're expecting rain on Easter Sunday, so I wanted to get some pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes today, not only because of the rain, but you know what Sunday mornings are like with kids and everyone trying to get ready.  The resulting chaos can give you a Sunday morning picture like this one:


Now, I love that picture, tear on the cheek and all, but still, it would be fun to have a spring photo shoot, right?  Maybe we'll even set up the tripod and try to take a family picture that's not taken right after James' nap and right before we have to rush out the door to church again.

Though, again, this is one of our favorite family pictures ever.  We love James' sneer.  We laughed and laughed over his face.

Thursdays usually also include me going to the grocery store when that's needed and one of us taking Ella to gymnastics, but I went shopping with the kids Tuesday, and gymnastics is out for Spring Break, so we are free to dye Easter eggs and bake cupcakes for our Easter meal.  Ella chose chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  I may try to fit in a solo-trip to the library too...and a jog.  Sometimes Thursdays fill up with all the things I want to do by myself that I don't get to do during the week.  Today might not be so slow-paced after all...

Here's one more unhappy-James-Easter picture from last year:


Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. if anyone can make him feel better it's his sister,,,,,how much love this shows,,,

    ReplyDelete