Thursday, March 7, 2013

My house is quiet this morning, but I imagine things are going full-swing at T's house, which is where my children are.  She surprised me late yesterday afternoon with an offer to take them home with her after church, and I got to go with KJ to college Bible study.  It was very encouraging and refreshing to my heart to have that time with him and all of our students.  Of course I don't know God's plans for the future, and children are always welcome, but I am finding myself being really thankful and happy to be getting out of the house and being involved in ministry WITH KJ again.  I'm a homebody for the first few years of my children's lives, and now with James nearing the 3 1/2 mark, I feel like there's a whole new world opening before me.  Each stage really is so good, filled with its own struggles and graces.

My mind is boggled by how much this boy has grown.  What happened to baby James??

And that girl?  Okay, this is for my father and father-in-law:  That girl hopped up on the fence and gave an obscure Andy Griffith reference:  "I'm Frances."  Just think about that.  Frances, quite a girl?  I'm afraid I might get judged if you knew how much of The Andy Griffith show this girl has watched in the past few weeks.  She's really watched a lot.  But being able to make obscure Andy Griffith references is kind of a prerequisite to being part of our family, so I guess this is her indoctrination period.  Once she has all the one-liners memorized she can move on to obscure Stars Wars references, right?


1 comment:

  1. I see James in that baby boy.
    Ella is quite a girl!!
    AND I am jealous of T!!!

    ReplyDelete