Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Late yesterday afternoon we made a run to the store for some candy and a few odds and ends.  Ella wanted to dress up differently than the night before, and I told her I wasn't buying another costume, but if she wanted to use her birthday money she could.  As you can imagine, Wal-Mart at 4:15 p.m. on Halloween is pretty picked over in the costume department, but Ella decided she wanted to be Spider Girl.  I wasn't thrilled with this choice because I wasn't sure if Spider Girl was even a real thing, but I let her buy it.  I also decided that next year, we would all dress up in very creative and classy costumes.

It was fun to have Hillary come over to hang out with us last night.  She helped get Ella ready while KJ and I handled James' tears over putting on his Mario costume.  It makes no sense for him to carry on because he LOVES Mario right now.  I think that three-year-olds just naturally like to complain about any clothes their parents pick out for them.  It must be a rule.  

I'm glad I persevered, though, because he had a really fun time.  In his defense, he was running a low fever while we were getting him dressed.  I think his body is just fighting the things he's allergic to right now because for the past 3 weeks he will randomly run a low fever every two or three days.  
 
 Neighborhood Friends

 Happy Again

 My Favorite Trick-or-Treating picture EVER
 


 Going through the Loot

How do you eat your Reese's peanut butter cup?
ALL AT ONCE.

We ended up the night piled in the bed playing Super Mario Brothers on the Wii.  It was a lot of fun having James go along this year, providing fun commentary as we walked.  Our favorite? 

"I'm James Pugh, and I'm Mario!

No comments:

Post a Comment