Friday, November 16, 2012

A Recipe for your Friday

Hello, little group of people that check in on the Pughs.  I never intended to neglect posting this week; it just kind of happened.  I've been blogging in the morning, and I think Tuesday I didn't feel inspired to write anything, and then Wednesday I tried to be really disciplined and prioritize teaching Ella before anything else, which I did, and it was great!  But then I just got busy being disciplined, and I was trying not to piddle at the computer that day so...

Thursday is KJ's day off, so a lot of time is spent with him, and I went to Wal-Mart, and then I was making his special request supper, and made some phone calls...I was also trying to go through a few photo shoots I've done recently.  I still have quite a bit of work to do in that department.  

As a special Friday treat I thought I'd share the recipe for KJ's favorite chicken ever.  I'm going to have to start making this more frequently.

"This was the first dish you ever made that
I fell in love with."
- KJ Pugh -

This recipe came out of a book of appetizer recipes, and I made it the first year we were married.  I'm not really sure why I first decided to try it, but I'm thinking it was in part for the same reason I could make it on the fly last night:  all the ingredients are probably in your pantry.  And it really is super-good.  I didn't feel like dealing with skewers and cutting chicken breasts (SO hard to do.  I recommend cutting them while still slightly frozen.), so I just poured the marinade on top of chicken breasts and let them marinate in the refrigerator, then baked the chicken on 375 for about 40 minutes.  KJ ate two of them, and that's saying a lot for him.  

So, fire away!  It's scrumptious and doesn't really need a dipping sauce.    

No comments:

Post a Comment