Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday's Memories: Blenheim Edge Guest House

I took a few pics of our guest house in Oxford because up until that point it was the nicest and most modern place we stayed.  But before we go there, KJ came through for me with iPhone pictures of our dinner Friday night!  He told me he thought I was confusing Disney movies with pubs by saying we ate at The Fox and Hound, but I really think I saw one of those.  Every pub I saw had names like that.  We passed a lot of them as we drove.


I think KJ was in search of a barbecue pizza, but I can't remember what kind he actually found there.  My chili was so hearty and satisfying after our long day.  It was the first time I ate chili with a fork.  I love the UK.

Our night was made even more pleasant when we made our way back to Blenheim Edge Guest House.  The outside was unassuming, but they had updated all their rooms, and it was so nice.  I was tired, and after having to walk down the hall or sit in a public place to access the Wi-Fi at the two previous bed and breakfasts, it was pure luxury to settle down amongst down pillows and blankets to go through pictures and blog.  In addition, they had a movie collection for their guests.  In keeping with our location we watched The King's Speech and enjoyed our relaxing evening.

 Cozy and luxurious bed

Mini-flat screen and tea accessories
We were also excited about fresh water bottles.

 clean and new shower

 hot towel rack

Saturday morning dawned cold and clear, and we ate an English breakfast in the small dining room downstairs, cooked by Tanya.  Her sauteed mushrooms were the best of the entire trip.  As we left Simon graciously gave me a Diet Coke to go.  I just need my cold drink to fully wake up in the morning, I'm afraid.  I took a picture to remember my many glass-bottled, made in the UK, Diet Cokes.


Then we were off to find a suitable car park and to explore the streets of Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment