Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just a Little He said/She said


I get to be mama to those two little darlings, and I love it.  I also really want to remember all the little daily conversations that make life fun, like...

James and I made an early-morning Wal-Mart run yesterday.  My car has been in the shop, so when I opened the door to the garage an unusual sight met his eyes:  KJ's car.  

"Woah!  A race car!"

"That's Daddy's car."

"Da-da's race car!  Awesome!!"

I guess with a little imagination a 2000 Mazda Protege can look like a race car?  Walking into Wal-Mart the first item we saw was a box of Angry Birds band aids.  

"Ang-y Birds!  Awesome!"

Awesome was evidently the word of the day yesterday.  It was the first time he used it, and he got his money's worth.  Later in the morning when we'd made it safely home he climbed up in my lap and snuggled in.  I asked him if he was tired.  "Yes."  Then he looked up and said, "Kiss."  He got one.



* * *
Tuesday night I went out with a bouncy, happy girl clad in graduation garments to take a few pictures to include in her invites.  She was in a perfectly cooperative mood until I told her she couldn't play on the playground in her graduation robe.

    

"Ella, what's wrong?  I really need you to smile."

"I just...I just didn't have a good day."

"What happened?"

"Well, some of the girls were fighting."

"I'm sorry, but listen, school's almost over, and the sun is setting, so we really just need to take a couple of pictures so we can go home.  Maybe if you can smile you can have a treat when we get home."


Hopeful smile

Things got better after that, and we had some fun.  Later in the car on the way home, I asked:  "So, what were the girls arguing about?"

"I don't remember."

"You don't remember??  You were just acting so upset about it!  How can you not remember?"

"Well, when you told me to smile, I just forgot."
 
Smiling.  That's the answer to forgetting your troubles, I suppose.          

1 comment:

  1. Loved every picture & all of your children's words. Thank you for sharing these moments with us :)

    ReplyDelete