Sunday, May 6, 2012

Field Day

I woke up at 5:40 this morning, and since I have a strange inability to roll over and go back to sleep once it's daylight outside I spent some time editing pictures from Ella's Field Day.  James and I joined her at the school just in time to see some good dancing.


I really enjoyed seeing her having so much fun with her friends.  I'm thankful that she's had this year of Kindergarten.  I just noticed that the boys and girls chose to dance separately in her class.  Next up, Tug of War!




I think Ella's side won that round.  While we were enjoying the tug of war we had some long-awaited visitors arrive.



We haven't seen the Kizziahs since Christmas, so it was fun to "introduce" them to James again.  At first he called Claire and John David by the names of two of his friends from church (Lucy and Seth), but I think he's got their names down now and won't forget them.  He very quickly grew attached to his counterpart, Claire, and was heartbroken to have to leave her after Field Day.

  John David joined in the tug of war fun.

 James decided he liked Aunt Katie's hugs and wanted to stay awhile.

When we first arrived James was so intimidated by the loud music and all the people that he actually held my hand of his own accord, but after a little while he grew more comfortable and joined in the games.

  He even made the hole a couple of times.

 Claire made the shot with a little help from Big Daddy.

And for your viewing pleasure, I give you Ella's first sack race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment