Friday, July 15, 2011

The Girl I Adore

It was my turn to take Ella to Vacation Bible School last night, and I was really glad I got to see her dance and sing firsthand.  I love her enthusiasm and total lack of inhibition.  The quality of the video is not as good as it could be.  When I first uploaded it, it was skipping around, so I converted it to another format, but apparently it was unnecessary because there's no skipping now; it just looks a little pixelated to me.  But maybe that's just YouTube?  I've been spending so much time learning about the picture-taking side of my camera I haven't spent any time learning about the video.  Regardless of poor quality, I think you will still enjoy Ella's performance.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, I cannot thank you ENOUGH for sharing this video! Since you wrote of this last time, I've been wishing to at least see some VBS footage (or a live performance :) one day. Well, tears were streaming down as I watched, and I couldn't help but remember a very special time I had with Ella when she was so tiny. I remember the first time that you guys left her with me (probably just to go to Wal-Mart or something :), she and I were rocking in the beloved lay-z-boy, watching Praise Baby (well, I was watching and she was sleeping - I know it didn't help establish good sleep habits, but I sure enjoyed the times the Lord gave me to hold her asleep in my arms :). As the lyrics "We were made to praise You" were being sung, I remember looking into her perfectly beautiful face and praying that she would, indeed, praise the Lord all of her days. (I also prayed this for John David at that moment, too, though he was snug in my tummy :). I couldn't help the emotions as I watched her tonight, praising God - like you said - with no inhibitions. Thank you for this sweet gift. Please tell Ella how much I, specifically, love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, if you'd like, you can remind her that I was her first Aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet, Katie. I will definitely remind Ella of your love and that you were her one and only aunt for several years. Thank you for the many prayers you have prayed on my girl's behalf.

    ReplyDelete