Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Busy Week

It has been a very busy week around our house.  Our church has been having Vacation Bible School at night, so that has kept Ella and at least one adult out until Ella's bedtime.  On top of that, KJ was out of town for a meeting all day yesterday, Ella had a tea party with her Cubbies class, and we have a play date this morning.  It is much more social activity in a three-day time span than we are used to, but it has been fun.  


This is Ella's first time to attend VBS, and she is having the time of her life.  She loves being with her friends and can hardly stand the wait until 6 p.m. every night.  I wasn't able to go with her last night, but I'm told I missed an amazing performance.  She got to go up on the platform and help perform the motions to the songs during the opening gathering.  She was so excited about doing it, and I got a call from Big Daddy afterward about the emotion and expression she put into it.  If you've ever seen Ella dance in our living room you can imagine.  I would say her biggest influences have been Fred Astaire and Shirley Temple.



I don't think there are any boys in our 4 and 5-year-old group at church, so that has made Cubbies all girls lately, too.  This has its advantages.  They all met at T's house yesterday morning for a tea party where they learned about table manners, how to set the table, and said their Bible verses.  They really are a precious group of girls.


And I would love to write more, but Ella has put in a second request for Lucky Charms.  A very good day to you all.

2 comments:

  1. So precious! Loooove the "Tea Party Swirl" picture! And the "Fred/Shirley" reference. Your kids are so much more cultured than others their age. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wishing to see Ella perform on stage right now, and how I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the delightful tea party. (Thankfully, I've partaken of T's creativity all of my life - she sure is a blessing, huh?!) Your pictures are super - as always - and the fireworks above were also pretty amazing!! I love you, sweet Lynn

    ReplyDelete