Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuscaloosa Tuesdays: A Last Sunday at Open Door + Kenneshire

I found these pictures of our next to last Sunday at Open Door and remembered again that it wasn't just our next to last Sunday:  it was the same for every member of Open Door Baptist Church.  


Those October blue skies are the best, aren't they?  They're like a great big beautiful reward for making it through the haziness of July and August.


This class changed through the years, and what a wonderful class it was in all its stages and forms!  


And hey, anytime you miss it, you could download one of the books born out of this class.  That 99 cents you pay will go toward our children's education. :) 


I sat in that front side pew for 6 1/2 years with one child and then two, and then one again because James was a little too loud to handle the service during his toddler years.

Throwback!


This particular Sunday was also our last to hang at Kenneshire.


It's been a place where so many people have felt at home, and that's such a good thing.  We brought the cousins along on this particular Sunday.


I wish I had this swing in my own backyard.


I wonder how many games of Dominion have been played at this table.


I know it's cheesy and cliche, but my first instinct in ending this post was to say, "Thanks for the memories."  But really.  I'm thankful for the memories, for pictures and for people, to the good God who gives such good gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment