Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter Pictures

Last Easter we decided to take family Easter pictures a couple of days before Easter since rain was predicted for Sunday morning.  And this year, Easter Sunday was going to be an extremely full day of non-stop action so it seemed a good idea to do some backyard pictures ahead of time again.  It's much more relaxed than Sunday morning when we're trying to get everyone out the door for church.

KJ took a few sweet shots of the kids while I was getting everything set up.

I love their little expressions.  I suppose it's because I've been grooming them for the past 3 years of having a camera pointed in their direction, but they were unbelievably agreeable about this picture-taking venture.  Ella directed several shots and posed everyone the way she thought best.  James only got dirt on his pants once.



My mom made Ella's dress and James' little seersucker suit.  She's so talented.

Mom also made James' short-sleeved buttoned shirt.  I was so glad, because it's really hard to find one that is short-sleeved.

James has gotten a lot of mileage out of his "surprised face," and I thought it was so cute when I told them to look surprised, Ella's little hand went to her throat.  It was such a lady-like expression of surprise.






In the words of the Rat Pack, "You either got, or you haven't got--- Style!"  He obviously has it. ;)

She's such a lovely girl, a lovely girl who doesn't always get excited about a new dress, but since Debbo made a matching one for Kit, Ella couldn't have been happier.


I really should have gotten a better picture of Ella and Kit, but we were running out of light, so I'm glad Ella put her dolls in this photo after all.








No comments:

Post a Comment