Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today

Today I took Ella to gymnastics.  Several pictures will follow that statement of course.  Grandparents need to see these things.







I'm excited about visiting with a dear friend from college tomorrow.  This will be our second visit in 6 1/2 months!  That's a big deal when you have small children and live hours apart.

 our last visit

I'm really proud of my son who did you-know-what in the potty for the first time.  You know...number two?  Maybe he won't begrudge me that sentiment 10 years down the road.  I hope not.  Hooray for baby James!  (who's not such a baby anymore)
What's the big deal?

Ella requested a date with her daddy.  They went out in the rain for ice cream and came back with a ball and tortilla chips instead.  
I'm proud of my husband who edited his Sunday School material and published it for the Kindle!  Buy your copy HERE.  It's good stuff.  

I'm thinking about something KJ wrote on my blog once: 

"I think we are hardwired to like stories that reveal an intricate plan in the end. If the LOST writers are so clever to weave together six seasons and keep it surprising, then O the depths both of the wisdom and knowledge of God; how unsearchable and unfathomable are His ways! God has a lot more than six seasons to weave together to a satisfactory ending."  

It goes without saying that God is an infinitely better storyteller than any other.  We don't have to wonder if He's laid out the end from the beginning.  He even told us the ending ahead of time!  And it won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment