Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pinterest and Me

I was a little late entering the world of Pinterest.  I heard people talking about it for over a year before I joined, and it took me a while to understand how useful and fun it could be.  I have especially enjoyed it since getting an iPod touch this past May.  It makes looking at pins less overwhelming when I see them one at a time, and I feel like it's really useful having a bazillion resources at my fingertips where I can find them when needed.  

Here are a few things I've done so far:

I turned a cheap Wal-Mart frame into a chalkboard.  I am not a very crafty person, but this seemed easy enough.  I started small and bought a 5x7 frame just in case I messed it up, though. I took the glass out and spraypainted one side with chalkboard paint, and Wa-la!  Mini chalkboard.  My original plan was to paint the wooden frame red, but I haven't done that yet.


I made cake batter truffles.  Mine didn't look as pretty because the directions were unclear about mixing the sprinkles in with the melted almond bark.  I had a feeling I shouldn't, but I did.  But the taste was divine, and I think sprinkles are always fun.  I made these for a gathering around the 4th of July.

My first thought as to why my picture didn't look very good was, "Maybe it's the lighting."  Then that made me laugh because that's an oft-repeated line in the Haunted House episode of The Andy Griffith Show.  It applies to photography, too.  (An Andy Griffith post may be coming your way soon.)

I made these yummy sandwiches for a Wednesday night dinner. I actually only got a bite of KJ's, but they were good.  I've made a version of these before but never with the mustard sauce.  My mom usually poured butter over hers (which of course tastes amazing).  I used cheddar cheese instead of Swiss because I had cheddar on hand, and I was trying to be economical.  I'm also not sure how I feel about putting the sauce on top, because it looked pretty messy to eat.



I made this faux Chicken Pot Pie for dinner last week.  I was actually kind of disappointed in it, but there are a few things I think would have made it better.  I might try it again if I were making these adjustments.  I wouldn't add water (unnecessary with a bag of frozen vegetables), and I wouldn't cover it with foil during the first 15 minutes of cooking (mine wasn't hot enough).

Yes, I stood on my counter like a dedicated food blogger to get you this picture.  Do food bloggers stand on counters?

I did this workout Monday afternoon.  It just might not have been a very good idea.  I was trying to challenge myself, and lung and heart wise I did it, but my knees have been achy ever since. 180 jumping jacks?  What was I thinking?  Over 100 squats?  Yes, I've had two knee surgeries, and sometimes I forget it.  They're feeling a little bit better now, though.  I asked the Lord for mercy on my poor 30-year-old knees.  

I've been taking on this project.  This is just a really good idea and so helpful.  I like having someone else give me a list of things to do, versus coming up with my own plan (sometimes).  I'm on the third day of cleaning out.  This list just provides a nice little impetus to clean out and throw out.  It feels good. 

So that's some of the stuff I've been doing.  What's your latest Pinterest project?

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on your completed projects, Lynn!! Very impressive!!

    I really just figured out Pinterest the other day, and it did feel a bit revolutionary. Trying not to stay focused and not get too overwhelmed with ALL that is available. I've been inspired, but nothing has come to fruition at present. Well, there was one hand-print craft I did with the kids - just paint & construction paper.

    All the food looks delish & the chalk board is adorable - looks so Anne Shirley-esque :)

    love you so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Trying NOT to stay focused"???

      strike that! reverse it.

      Delete