Thursday, July 5, 2012

Party People

Sunday night we had a little gathering of friends from the Mission Community and new friends from our neighborhood.  It was our first time to really use our outdoor space, and I really enjoyed it.  I've got lots of patio improvement ideas now.


While we were in the midst of setting up the tent the sky clouded up and the wind started blowing.  We were so thankful for the Lord's kindness in this way.  I think we would have been miserable with the sun burning down on us.



I'm glad pictures freeze happy moments in time...about an hour later the hammock swing fell with Ella in it.  She suffered no worse than a scraped toe and a knock on the head from the top of the swing, but still...she had this happy moment.

We spent the day with my family yesterday at my brother and sister-in-law's house.  It's always so good for us all to be together.
 The kids had lots of fun with darts and water guns.  How many pictures will I take this summer of James shooting people with water guns?  My favorite yesterday was this one of him cutting his eyes and seriously contemplating spraying his great grandmother in the face.



Yum.



SCRUMPTIOUS cake my mom made
(with the best icing I've ever had)


 my favorite law enforcer

 my favorite kids

 I think they look alike.

We had a really pleasant day, though of course we were tired when we got home.  We had a few other adventures...like stopping in the bad part of town because both kids had to go to the bathroom AT ONCE, and then of course the place we stopped, well, their bathroom was out of order.  After that we loaded a crying James back in the car and drove across the street.  

On the way back home James was completely wired.  That 4th of July baby drank way too much sweet tea, and we all felt the effects.  He wasn't really unpleasant...just extremely talkative.  

We played around with sparklers before bed, and then I walked up the street to take pictures of our neighbors' fireworks since we decided not to venture out with James after bedtime.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment