Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Night Before Christmas

The children are nestled all snug in their beds, and I am sitting down for the first bit of quiet I've had in a couple of weeks.  Here's a few pictures from the past few days.  Wednesday night we had a candlelight service at church.  It was Ella's first time to attend one and be allowed to hold a lit candle.  She was thrilled.  John David also got in on the big-kid action.




We celebrated Christmas with KJ's family last night and this morning.  The adults enjoyed a good time of sharing about God's grace and goodness in 2010 while the kids enjoyed a movie on their air mattresses.  Presents were exchanged, and laughter shared.  It was a peaceful and good day with family.  Here's just a few sights from last night and this morning.

Babies on the Move



Newlyweds

Present-Opening


It was a very happy day, and I am sure we will enjoy tomorrow, too.  We are all in various stages of sickness, though.  KJ is finishing up an antibiotic for a sinus infection, I can't breathe out of my nose, Ella has a horrible cough, and James' nose started running again today.  But I am thankful that so far we have nothing worse.  So many others we know have the flu right now, and I certainly hope to avoid that.  

Until tomorrow, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, sweet Lynn. What a wonderful time we shared, indeed. Hoping you all are on the mend. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad KJ is getting better ~ I hope you, Ella and James follow soon!!! We thought our sweet little Sterling only had a cold or was teething for several days ~ we ended up at the pediatrician with the news of the flu!!! However, no one else has gotten it, including me, and I had him through the worst of it (because I had been exposed already ~ wanted to keep Bethany away from it as long as possible)! I am thankful that he is feeling much better and that no one else is feeling much worse!!!! I pray you all feel a lot better quickly and that you all have a Merry Christmas!!!! It's already snowed here ~ first time it has snowed on Christmas where we lived !!! (Of course, it isn't sticking, but still fun!) Love to all the Pughs!

    ReplyDelete