Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Bustle

Our family is right in the middle of the Christmas bustle:  parties, church events, having friends over, etc.  We've been doing a little bit of it all.  I'm really grateful to have Hillary staying with us this week.  She finished school a week early so she could have time in Tuscaloosa before going home for Christmas.  At Wal-Mart today she grabbed a fussy James out of the buggy while I swiped that debit card and asked, "How do you do this without me?"  I'm not really sure.  Somehow I survive.  You do what you have to do, I guess.  But for the past weekend it was a blessing to have her here not only for the fun and laughter, but she offered her babysitting services while KJ and I attended a myriad of social engagements.  


Saturday we had a few friends over to watch a movie.

Sunday we held a Lottie Moon banquet at church.
Imagine James being let loose in a gym.
Good thing we had friends who didn't mind chasing him all over the place.

Last night we had a family gathering at the newlyweds' house.
We watched Home Alone...
and played a little Duck Hunt.


(first time to use my self-timer)

Tonight we made a little candy...

...and some potato soup.


Bring on the celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment