Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Holidays

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I last posted!  Life has been far too eventful to write about, and most likely, your lives have been too eventful to read about someone else's.  


We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with my family and the surprise of a white Christmas.  It was not just the usual Alabama dusting but a really beautiful 4-inches of snow.  The kids and I were all pretty sick throughout Christmas weekend, but hopefully the worst is over now.  The holidays continue as we look forward to the New Year and KJ's birthday.  He is a January 1 baby.  Since his birthday comes at the tail end of all our Christmas travel and celebration I always feel like I'm scrambling to find some way to celebrate.  I wanted to be intentional about doing something special for him this year and toyed with the idea of throwing a huge party with lots of people.  After thinking about it and praying for ideas I finally settled on trying to think of something I knew KJ would really enjoy.  Last night I surprised him with having a few guys over to play Lord of the Rings Risk and eat Cici's Barbecue Chicken Pizza (his favorite).  He was very surprised and definitely pleased to begin his birthday celebration with some of his favorite things.  I had a good time decorating.  We've accumulated quite a bit of Middle Earth memorabilia, including Lord of the Rings Monopoly, Chess, and Trivial Pursuit.






I think the guys had a good time lining up their armies and battling for Middle Earth.  KJ enjoyed explaining the game to the newbies, and we were really glad our brother-in-law, David, was able to come.  It was a special treat, as he and Katie and the kids are loading up to move to North Carolina today.  We're going to miss them so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment