Thursday, April 30, 2020

April in Lockdown

For the first time in my 38 years, I stayed within one property for the entire month of April.  That is astounding, and someday I'll look back and marvel at the strangeness of that fact.  My daily pictures consist of robins and roses.  My daily acts were cooking many meals.  My daily desire was to take delight and do good work within the limits of these stone walls.  There was laughter, tears, overwhelm, and thankfulness this month, and I've never been more grateful for a daily record that reminds me of all God's goodness to us in the past 30 days.

"I don't know if you know that sort of feeling
you get on these days round about the end of
April and the beginning of May, when the sky's
a light blue, with cotton-wool clouds, and there's
a bit of a breeze blowing from the west?  Kind of
uplifted feeling.  Romantic, if you know what I mean."
- The Inimitable Jeeves, P.G. Wodehouse - 

April 1 - Schoolwork in the Garden



April 2 - I clipped some cherry blossoms.



April 3 - My Candle Lighter



April 4 - Snow White Cherry Blossoms



April 5 - Robin in Flight



April 6 - Robin in the Rain (taken by K.J.)



April 7 - Robin in the Cherry Tree 😊



April 8 - Tulip Season



April 9 - Snail Sighting



April 10 - I really enjoyed this sequel.



April 11 - Spiced Easter Biscuits



April 12 - Happy Easter!



April 13 - Beautiful Weeds



April 14 - Homemade Pizza



April 15 - Hanging Out With Friends in a Pandemic



April 16 - 8:54 p.m., Kids in Their P.J.'s Hanging Out My Window



April 17 - There have been lots of snail sightings in the garden.



April 18 - Noreen calls him "the Archer" these days.



April 19 -  Sunday Service



April 20 - A Great Tit?  I am struggling to identify this bird.


April 21 - "How'd You get that shade of green?"


April 22 - When COVID-19 gets you down, I prescribe Wodehouse.


April 23 - A new velvety rose appeared.


April 24 - This little white butterfly had lavender undertones that went so well with the purple flower.


April 25 - Long-distance Literary Society is such a bright spot!


April 26 - We'll definitely finish the series before the lockdown ends!


April 27 - The First White Rose


April 28 - We can't go anywhere, but God has given us abundant roses.


April 29 - The Promise of More to Come


April 30 - A Different Perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment