Saturday, December 26, 2015

Road Trippin'

KJ and I were talking this week about how much we enjoyed looking back at pictures and how we get compounded joy from experiences by looking at the pictures weeks and years after that particular moment is gone.  And the pictures trigger other memories from the time that we would otherwise lose because we wouldn't have something tangible calling us back.

God gives us so many good gifts every day, and I don't want to forget them.  I don't want to forget the fun of spotting these deer lying in the field after our Holy Island pit stop and then the exhilaration when they jumped up and flew through the grass, surprising me with their big fluffy white tails.


I don't want to forget how the clouds parted and the sun shone glorious at just the right spot in the clouds ahead and ta-da!  Rainbow!  Do rainbows start to get old after awhile?  


I was also feeling super excited about how beautiful a picture could be driving down the road at 60 mph.  The light was just so lovely.


And then 5 minutes later, another one!  I was aiming the camera lens underneath and past KJ as he drove so this one was out of focus but dreamy in its own kind of way.


I love these graceful ladies by the sea.


Our trip was such a last minute thing, and as we checked the weather forecast there was nothing but rain for our time there.  Low expectations make having sun as we crossed the border all the more welcome.  We were also thrilled that there was a place to stop and celebrate the border crossing.  There was a food truck parked there as well, and when we got out my first words were, "It smells like Texas."  Actually, it probably smelled like any state fair in the U.S., like fried food goodness.


Notice how low the sun is at 2:15 p.m.  I probably talk about how low the sun appears way too much, but it's just so noticeable to those of us from the southern end of the northern hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment